BRIEF ON ROUTINE DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITY.
1): Full accreditation for residency training by the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN).
2): Full accreditation for part I. By the West African College of Surgeon (WACS).
3): The department is also accredited for training intern Radiographer the Radiopher Board of Nigeria (RBN).
Radiologist weekly Seminar.
Every Tuesday. Time: 8:30-10am
Clinico-Radiology seminar with Surgery and Paediatric department
– Second and 3rd Fridays of every month. Time: 8:30-10am
Clinico-Radiology Seminar with Internal Medicine. Tme: 8:30-10:00am
– Last Friday of every month Time: 8:30-10:00am
Radiographer’s Seminar: Every Thursday Tme: 8:30-10:00am.
There are three units. Viz:
1) Ultrasound scan
2) Radiographic unit
3) Computed Tomographic unit
Each unit offers emergency services 24/7.
The routine services are offered during the working hours of the day. 8:00am – 4:00pm.
Ultrasound services are:
General abdomino pelvic scan
Obstetrics and Gynaecological scan
Small parts and Musculoskeletal scan
Interventional guided procedures
(B): The Radiographic Unit
Routines Radiographic services of all body parts and Special investigations
– Chest X-rays
– Skull and Paranarsal sinuses
– Hysterosalphigography (HSG)
– Intravenous Urography (IVU)
– Retrograde Urethro Cystography (RUCG)
– Misturating Cysto Urethrography (MCUG)
– Flush Genitography.
– Barium studies: Suchas: Barium swallow, meal and follow through.
Berium Enema, Distal loopogram.
(C): Computed Tomographic Unit
– Cranial/ BrainCT.
– CT Paranasalsinuses.
– Chest CT
– Abdominopelvic CT
– CT Angiography
– Spine CT
– Soft tissue and other musculoskeletal CT.
JIMOH IBRAHIM T.
HOD, RADIOLOGY DEPARTMENT