Ophthalmology department provides eye care services to patients within and outside Niger State. The department presently has the following category of staff.
- Two (2) Consultant Ophthalmologists (1 – Visiting)
- Two (2) Senior Registrars
- Two (2) Registrars
- Four (4) Optometrists (1 – Locum)
- Nine (9) Ophthalmic Nurses
- Two (2) Dispensing Opticians
The department offers Primary, Secondary and Tertiary eye care services. These include:
- Primary Eye Care through the primary eye care clinic.
- Specialist (Ophthalmology) Consultation.
- Surgical Services for Cataract, Glaucoma and Ocular Trauma among others.
- Refraction and Optical dispensing of quality spectacles
- Eye Health Education
SCHEDULE OF CLINICAL ACTIVITIES
- Consultant Out-patient Clinic – Monday and Wednesday
- Elective Surgery – Thursday
- Emergency Medical and Surgical Services – 24 hrs
- Refraction, Optical Dispensing – Monday to Friday
Training of Resident Doctors takes place concurrently with the provision of clinical services and likewise for Intern Optometrists, Students Nurses and Optician Trainees.
Postgraduate seminar holds on Friday for Ophthalmology Resident Doctors.
CONTACT: +234 8035782055, +234 8091918279